Aussie startup jobs
Getting a Job Guide
Top Startup Employers 2023
Put the spotlight on major features.
Provide a complete picture of your business.
Add dynamic content to your site.
Articulate your pricing strategy.
Welcome new and returning users.
Navs & Footers
Top Startup Employers 2023 Ranking
#12 in Australia (40+ Employees)
Become a verified Top Startup Employer
Independent survey results
Areas they do well in, as rated by employees as of July 2023
High eNPS (Employee 'Net Promoter Score')
Inspiring leadership vision
Safe place for expressing different viewpoints
Safe place for expressing different viewpoints
Employees are satisfied with the benefits offered
Approach to compensation is competitive and fair
Employee's roles have a sense of purpose and meaning
High proportion intend to stay with the company for >12 months
Hear from them
What does the company do?
"Nutromics is an Australian-born diagnostics startup on a mission to revolutionise diagnostics through our DNA-based sensor platform. Clinicians today are hampered by insufficient and delayed lab diagnostics. Typically, a clinician orders a test for a patient, a blood draw is taken, the sample is then sent to the lab where it’s processed, and finally, the clinician receives a single data point of where the patient was hours prior.70% of all clinical decisions are made using this process. This standard of care is not equipped to provide trend information, which is critical in the ICU for fast-moving disease states and dynamic patient conditions. The result is poor patient outcomes and billions in additional healthcare costs running a highly inefficient system.Our diagnostic platform does everything a blood test does and more. It is a lab-on-a-patch. It is a breakthrough technology combining multiple DNA-based sensors with minimally invasive microneedles. Our powerful technology can track multiple crucial targets continuously and in real time, giving clinicians critical, personalised insights. Our vision is one patch for every patient: one device that can continuously monitor several essential targets. With this information, we can solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare, tackling disease states with the highest unmet clinical needs, saving lives. "
What is the company’s approach to professional development?
We are heavily invested in our team members. As a company pushing the boundaries in the field with new methodologies and technology, our team's technical development contributes to ours. Our leadership teams select conferences all around the world that they believe will be beneficial for team members to attend throughout the year. Additionally, if individuals see conferences or even short/long educational courses of interest, they are encouraged to raise them, and we review them on a case-by-case basis. Our teams are also sent for training to develop their skills, e.g. members from our team attend the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) once or twice a week where they learn how to use novel equipment/technologies and are able to carry out testing.
What is the company's culture like?
"At Nutromics, our team is our #1 priority. This is the foundation of our culture, it drives our policies and is critical in our strategic decision-making. The final interview round for every new employee being hired is with either our CEO or COO, to make sure there is a cultural fit. We foster an environment of support and collaboration at Nutromics, and it is important that we all share our passion for saving lives through revolutionising healthcare. This is the foundation of our company. A way in which we contribute to a strong culture that is people-first is through some of our offered benefits:
* We have a hybrid work policy at Nutromics and value flexible working rhythms. We believe in life-work integration, that work should fit into your life and we have a no-judgment policy. E.g. if a team member has to take their child to the doctor, they can do that during the work day without question.
* Nutromics offers paid parental leave for up to 18 weeks, the company will top up the national minimum wage payment to match the employee's salary. The amount of 18 weeks may be taken at full pay or at half pay, which will stretch the weeks to 36 weeks for eligible employees.
* Nutromics also offers Dad and partner payments, adding 2 weeks to the national minimum totalling 4 weeks of leave, also with payment topped up from the minimum wage to match the employee's salary.
* We are signed up with the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to offer our employees free and confidential counselling.
* We have a dog and kid-friendly office, team members know that they need not worry if unforeseen circumstances require them to bring in their children or pets to work.
* We offer everyone a $400 headphone budget so they can do focused work in the office.
* We offer special event gifts to our employees (Birthdays, weddings, etc).
* Our travel leave policy allows every employee to fly business class on flights over 10 hours as a result of research showing the negative effects of long-haul flights on the body. If employees choose not to take this up, we will provide them with a $1000 voucher to spend.
* To encourage cross-functional collaboration, we have a coffee roulette program that matches employees based on what they want to learn. Coffee is paid for by the company. "
What are the company's plans for the next 12 months?
"Nutromics is currently in a critical phase of our journey to commercialisation of our first product: a patch for the therapeutic drug monitoring of the antibiotic vancomycin. This is a drug given to 1 in 5 patients in hospitals in the US, however, it is very difficult to dose given it has a narrow therapeutic window and high toxicity. Current lab diagnostics offer limited insights into vancomycin concentrations in patients. The outcome is that up to 43% of adults develop vancomycin induced toxicity, with a mortality rate of 33% in the acute setting. In addition, half of all patients that receive vancomycin are dosed in the ineffective range, where the bacterial infection is left untreated. With the Nutromics patch, instead of 3 data points over 36 hours, clinicians will receive 1000s of data points in real-time, greatly increasing their ability to get a patient in a therapeutic zone, and keep them out of the toxic zone, thereby saving tens of thousands of lives. Nutromics is currently focused on our Series A capital raise round which will open and close towards the end of 2023. This will secure our runway further to commercialisation. We are also currently conducting our world first in-human clinical studies with our integrated prototype device, an important milestone in our regulatory pathway to receiving FDA approval for our patch. We are also focused on selecting a location and furthering the development of our advanced manufacturing facility which will be scalable to produce 100m patches p.a. "
How do you approach diversity and inclusion?
"* At Nutromics, we have gender-neutral bathrooms as well as sanitary products for cis-gendered women.
* The dietary requirements of our team (ranging from diabetic-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, etc) are always accounted for whether it is a company event, team lunch, or even our weekly snack order.
* The Women of Nutromics forum offers all female-identify team members to have a safe space where they can focus on their personal and professional development.
* In our recruitment process, we make it a point to utilise all gender and race-inclusive language in our job ads so that anyone can apply.
* Our entire office is wheelchair accessible.
* We hold cultural celebrations as a team throughout the year. The most recent being a team lunch for Eid Al-Fitr. Some other examples include Diwali, Lunar New Year, Hannukah and Christmas.
* We have a multinational/multicultural team with individuals from over 15 countries around the world. "
Be the first to hear about new jobs and startups
My Startup Gig acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, sea and community. We pay our respects to them, their cultures, and their Elders and Leaders past, present and future.
I agree to the
Terms & Conditions
Welcome! Please move our welcome email from 'spam' or 'promotions' into your main inbox, or you might miss out.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Every Australian Startup Job
© Copyright Company – Powered by